Working in my PJs

It wasn’t until this evening when I went to put the bag of cat refuse in the garbage that I realized what it had been doing all day.


Why hadn’t I noticed? I guess I didn’t look out the windows much.

I knew it had snowed. Kevin went outside to shovel around noon. He asked if I was going anywhere today. I said I wasn’t planning to. (I think this was a good thing so he didn’t have to shovel the driveway.)

And then it struck me as I looked at the fluffy white mounds on my car and the garbage can lid. I didn’t have to drive in this stuff today. I didn’t have to bundle Duncan up and shuttle him into the car complete with diaper bag and pump parts. And lunch. Mustn’t forget lunch. 😉

I was bemoaning a bit earlier. I did 4 1/2 hours of work today. It went like this:
Got up late as I was up for an hour with the D-man around 4 am, so we both slept a little late and woke up when Kevin came home from work in the morning and emptied the dishwasher (I’m not complaining). So I started work an hour later than planned – at 9 a.m.

Worked for almost an hour. Stopped to get Duncan to nap and then have a snack. That took an hour.

Worked for just under 2 hours. Kevin was in bed by then and Duncan had been sitting in his playpen in my office for a good while. And I was hungry. So it was time for lunch and some cuddles and time with Mummy. Then it was nap time and I got to take a shower.

An hour and a half break, total. And then an hour work. Then an hour break and another 45 minutes work.

By then it was after 5 p.m. and I called it a day.

It seemed like in my 8 hour day, I didn’t get that much work in. But I didn’t have to spend 2 hours driving to and from the sitter and work. I didn’t have to face the snowy roads, the slow traffic, the dark commute home.

True, I’m beat now and it’s almost 11 p.m., but I got to play with my baby a whole lot, read him a few books, cuddle, breast feed (instead of pump at work), cook oatmeal porridge for him to eat tomorrow, eat dinner, have a few snacks, catch up on non-work e-mail (I did do a bit of non-billable stuff today), and work on lesson 28 (of 3o!) in my ministerial course. And I got to shower and wash my hair and not have to run out of the house with it still wet.

All from the comfort of home. I’m not really in my PJs, though. I got dressed. In my old workout pants (that no longer see the gym) and a fleece sweater. 🙂